Saturday, June 25, 2011

Host Families!

So about two months ago, I came home after school and checkes my email like I do every day. But that day, I actually had something other than Facebook notifications in my inbox. I had two emails waiting for me, which caused me to scream and dance around, which naturally brought strange looks at me from my mother and sister. The first email, was from my YEO (youth exchange officer) welcoming me to Oldenburg. He gave me the name of my future school, which is to be Herbartgymnasium. It looks like a good school. The next email only added on to the best day ever. It was from my host sister Jule, who is a year older than me. She is also an exchange student, who will be in Brazil while I am staying with her family. It's unfortunate, because she seems like someone I could easily get along with. But she told me all about her family! She has two younger sisters, Janne and Jette, and her parents names are Christina and Ulf. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to skype with them, and they seem like the nicest people! I can't wait to meet them :) A couple of days later, I recieved an email from my first family, who also seem very nice! The parents are Kathrin and Dirk, and the they have Finn (16) who will be an exchange student in America next year, and will be located in Conneticut. They have a younger daughter name Hanna, who seems like a sweet girl! I have corresponded with them over email, and hopefully I can skype with them soon :)
Liebe immer,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment