Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Starts and the Chipmunk cheeks are deflating!

So here I am today, August 16, and just how happy do you think I am? To be honest, I could be a lot happier. Two days ago I was supposed to leave for Germany, and earlier today, my host brother left for America. Unfortunatly, since I can't leave the country for a couple of weeks and my mom is a teacher at my school, I started my sophomore year at Bluffton High. Don't get me wrong- I love my classes, and being able to see my friends more before I leave is great, but I kinda resent not being in Germany right now. Pretty much the only thing I have been able to think this week was " what the heck am I still doing here?". One thing I am happy about, is I get to have more time with my mom and sister- I wasn't ready to leave them! So a quick side note...I just made a complete fool out of myself! I was talking to my district chair on facebook about recieving my passport faster, and she said she has a connection at Lindsey Grahams office and could help. I then replies saying if Ms. Graham could help that would be great. She then replied asking me to google this Lindsey Graham...turns out HE is South Carolina's senator. Mission accomplished. I am a total idiot. But on the plus side, the chipmunk cheeks have gone down after my wisdom teeth were removed. I asked my mom if I looked any better, and her response? Yeah they do! You don't look like a chipmunk anymore-you just look fat!...that was exactly what I wanted to hear. Everything will work out in the end. Now I am off to look up more important stuff about South Carolina, because I obviously lack some knowledge in that department!
Liebe immer,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment